The ideal candidate has strong interpersonal and leadership skills, a positive attitude and energy, and an inspiring, forward-thinking, empathetic and collaborative leadership style, exhibiting an openness to many perspectives. The candidate also possesses the ability to create, implement, and measure a successful, comprehensive audience services program and experience with creating and managing culturally diverse teams, as well as commitment to the values of antiracism, anti-oppression, and personal /professional experiences advancing equity, diversity, inclusion and accessibility.
The Company seeks a qualified, experienced, and imaginative individual to fill the position of Patron Services Manager beginning in May, 2023. Reporting to the Marketing & Communications Director, the Patron Services Manager is responsible for the audiences’ quality of experience from the point of purchase through departure from the site. Patron safety (including COVID-19 policy enforcement), ease and enjoyment of experience, and creation of a desire to return through quality customer service efforts are the primary goals of this position, as are maximizing group sales, concessions and gift shop revenue through careful planning and administration.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ticketing Services – hires, trains, schedules and supervises all ticket sales employees including daily scheduling and supervision; develops and enforces patron policies, executes or oversees all financial reporting and all ticket sales, and resolves all patron concerns or conflicts; serves as liaison for ticket-selling vendor; maintains the Company’s database in the same system; collects and reports information from audiences (surveys, etc.); inventories and orders supplies; serves as primary contact for group sales and season subscribers / pass holders; assists Marketing and Communications, Development, General Management and the Training Department with tickets for special events, VIPs, and Training Participants.
- Concessions Services – hires, trains, schedules, and supervises all concessions employees including daily scheduling and supervision; ensures health code compliance; develops menu plans and food orders for concessions services and events; monitors income and expense goals and activities including overseeing or executing daily financial reporting on purchases and sales; serves as liaison for food supply vendors; inventories and orders supplies.
- Gift Shop / Retail Services – manages Gift Shop activities staffed by a volunteer sales force; orders inventory; arranges display and manages physical inventory.
- Parking / Greeting Services – hires, trains, schedules, and supervises all parkers and greeters including daily scheduling and supervision.
- Ticketing and Point-of-Sale Systems Liaison – works closely with the IT Manager and other staff members as well as outside vendors to ensure effectiveness and efficiency of electronic and other systems required and/or utilized by Patron Services employees.
- In addition to supervisory and data management activities, this position includes hands-on daily tasks (sales in the Box Office and/or concessions) when staff is not available and/or at quieter times of the year.
- Shakespeare & Company expects that all employees: adhere to Company policies and procedures outlined in the Employee Handbook; work in a safe manner; perform duties as workload necessitates; maintain a positive and respectful attitude; communicate regularly with supervisor about departmental issues; demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality; participate in Company events as needed or required, and other duties assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills, and Characteristics
The successful candidate will have:
- Budget management experience preferred.
- Completion of a COVID-19 vaccine regimen and booster, if eligible.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills; AudienceView, OvationTix and Microsoft Office proficiency a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Interest and respect for Shakespeare & Company’s foundational principles and methods including a commitment to the actor/audience relationship.
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced, high-transaction performing or other arts environment.
- Excitement for working with both new and seasoned theater professionals.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as necessary throughout the year.
- Food safety, allergen awareness, and/or COVID safety training (preferred).
How to Apply
Candidates who possess the above qualifications, or transferrable skills, are encouraged to apply. Please send cover letter, resume, and references.